Sunday, October 17, 2010

Season 2 of Glee

There's no question, I love Glee.  Season 2 is no different, I love it.  I love singing, I love dancing and I'm in a group called Chicago Glee for a reason.  Regardless of the fact that I love season 2, I think it could be MUCH better.  The first season was magical.  The dialogue was witty, the plot points were original and the characters were presented with iconic Steve Urkel-like material, especially Jane Lynch's well-deserved Emmy-winning role as Sue Sylvester.  

And as much as I love singing, there's a little too much of it going on right now.  I feel like every episode is designed for iTunes sales.  There's barely any dialogue or any plot at all whatsoever.  But when 7 songs are in a one-hour episode, how does one have any time for an actual good show?  If this season is any indication of what Glee looks like now that it's found some success, I don't think it's going to be riding this success wave very long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment