Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Everything Happens for a Reason

For the entire year and a half I have been living in LA, I have been holding on to the idea that my life is unfolding EXACTLY the way it is supposed to.  Though I've had a lot of fun, most of my time here has been frustrating.  But I knew there would be a day when I could look back and see the purpose of it all.  Today is that day.

I received a call today that I got a job...and I start Monday.

I believe that every internship, temp assignment, and my experience at the gym, all contributed to getting this job.  I was able to bring up a lot of what I've learned from those experiences to the three interviews that they called me into.  

For my third interview, I committed the biggest faux pas anyone can ever make for an interview...I was late.  I thought I gave myself plenty of time for traffic, but I had not anticipated rush hour, 10-mile an hour traffic for the entire way.  

Though it was difficult, I kept telling myself not to freak out, and understand that this will all work out the way it is supposed to.  Lo and behold, the moment I was walking in the door, the coordinator from MY VERY FIRST INTERNSHIP was walking in the other direction.  If I hadn't run into her, I would have never known she worked there.  

After my internship last year, she gave me with a letter of recommendation.  I knew she would back me up if anyone asked her about me.  I'm not sure if she put in a good word for me or not, but trust me, I made sure everyone the interview know that I knew her.  

I supposed I'll find out when I start next week.  On Monday at 9am, I will be starting a front-desk/assistant job at a major entertainment studio.  


No comments:

Post a Comment