Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Free food!

No job yet, but free food coupons for my birthday have been VERY helpful.  I made sure to sign up for every place I could find giving out free birthday food in LA the week before my birthday, and luckily, some of these coupon expiration dates aren't coming up until the end of the month.

The wife is growing very tired of Mexican food, since that's where most of them are from, but we're surviving.  To keep from going crazy, I took Grant's advice (see comment on last post to read his advice) and took an internship.  Not only is it giving me something else to do, but I'm getting the kind of experience I need and want.

Getting the internship was ridiculously easy, I just applied and they gave it to me.  It's a boutique production company where I not only make coffee and get the mail, but I get to read all of the scripts my heart desires and write my opinions about them.  Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE opportunities to express my opinion.

So in the future, I will have examples of script coverage at a production company that will serve me well.  Though I've only been there for about a week, I have more to say in my job applications than I did two weeks ago.  And...I get a free, healthy lunch while at my internship.  The pictures below are of the "cafeteria" where I eat my lunch.  If I've got to be broke somewhere, it might as well be here.

If only I can find a way to get free gas...




1 comment:

  1. I agree on the free gas. That has been a killer (:

    -I love being referred to as 'the Wife'.

    ReplyDelete