Thursday, June 23, 2011

Internship Mania

I had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people at the Pitchfest.  As of this moment, no real life job has materialized from the experience.  However, my presence there definitely reinforced my place in the Hollywood Universe.  I got tons of great feedback and more people in the industry know my name than there were before.

Though there is no real life job at this moment, I got lots of pretend job opportunities...otherwise known as internships.  Everyone I've ever spoken to about how they got a job here, started with an internship.  I started a new internship at a production company known for making big films in the 90s.  They haven't done a lot lately, but there are some projects on the slate.

Right now, I'm balancing two internships and I have interviews for two more.  One of them actually looks like it pays real money.  I spoke to a few others expressed interest, and the time has come for me to step up and reinforce that interest.

Though I am officially out of money, luckily, the wife is not.  She's been working since Day 1 and web developers make far more than interns.  So far, it looks like we'll be able to eat and keep a roof over our heads without my contribution.  I wonder if that makes me a homemaker...

Stay tuned to find out how the meetings go!

No comments:

Post a Comment